Monday, 6 May 2013

Eye for an Appetite - Final Animations.

I created Four animations for the project 'Eye for an Appetite' One is still underway, however this is being animated by myself and Phoebe Herring. The four I have done myself are complete. I had a few tweaks to a few and there. The Fox and Rabbit animation now loops;

I also created 'The Death of the Fox'. This sequence illustrates how once an animal has deceased, bacteria and micro organisms will begin to break down the solid material. The remains of the animal will decompose naturally and fertilise the soil, thus allowing more life to grow. I chatted to the director who suggested a 'wave' of bacteria. I did this in Flash, to get a more realistic motion of water, rather than using CelAction. The Wave Animation started out as a simple blue animation, from there I exported the piece as a PNG sequence which I then bought into Photoshop. I painted each frame, using the same colour pallet, however I varied the brushes from frame to frame. I added in small green dots as well to illustrate the bacteria. Here's the animation of the basic wave and the final painted wave;

From there, I animated the fox. I used the same fox as in the previous animation 'Head of the Food Chain'. After the fox gets destroyed by the bacteria, I created an underground background, in which the fox's skeleton lies until it fades out, illustrating the decomposition process. The camera then pans up to a background above ground, in which fresh flowers grow. Thus illustrating the process of decomposition and how the remains of the fox help fertilise the soil. This is the animation I completed;

However, upon review from the Director, he felt it needed to end with the Fox's remains lying on the fertilised soil. This I then changed as so;

The final animationis that of a Beetle, explaining how energy transfer works. The grass the Beetle eats has 100% energy, the beetle eats the grass, however only received 10% of that energy. The other 90% of the energy is given away to reporoduction, movement, growth etc.

This still needs a bit of work, just to extend the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment